Dear customers, in light of Government of India's Corona Virus health advisories and keeping in mind the health of our customers and our employees, our contact centres and home service operations will not function till the situation improves. We appreciate your co-operation during this time. Stay Safe! Stay Home!" Thank you, Team Hindware.
Water pollution usually occurs when it’s contaminated with the various harmful substances which often includes the microorganisms and chemicals poorly blended in ocean, lake, river, and other body of water, debasing water pollution and rendering it toxic to human and environment alike. Livestock production and fresh water resources with farming are using 70% of the earth surface water supplies that’s itself is a serious water polluter. And since the global demand of water is increasing 1% every year, we need more and more resources to purify the water.
A drop of water can save someone’s life in need but not when it’s contaminated. Drinkable water has to be free of germs. Because the normal unfiltered water possess trillion of toxic particles which cannot be seen by the human eyes. That’s why, in order to deliver fresh, germs free and healthy water to us, water purifiers are put on work.
Water Purifier Benefits:
A good water purifier removes the excess salts, suspended particles and microbes, retains essential minerals in water, improve its taste and smell and keep our body healthy. However, not all water purifiers fully purify the water on the same level.
Though water purifier is the primary need of every household, however, with the widest range of available in the market, like RO & UV, we are always puzzled choosing between the right one. That’s why we are here with this complete guide to help you differentiate between the respective water purifier and help you choose the one that’s for you and your family. But before you plan to buy a water purifier, you have to determine your requirement.
Check the TDS Level of water
One-size-fits-all formula doesn’t apply to water purifiers. First, you need to ascertain your family size, daily water consumption etc. You also need to check the inputwater source, measure its TDS level, only then you will be able to take a decision on type to water purifier required. TDS stands for Total Dissolved Solids, the more TDS your water will have, more advanced water purifier you require to purify the water.
Difference between RO Water Purifier and UV Water Purifier
When you will visit the shop to buy a water purifier, you will often come across these terms, RO and UV among all but how would you decide, which is best for you? Let’s explain it here.
RO- Reverse Osmosis
What is RO?
RO stands for Reverse Osmosis, a water purification technology that uses a semipermeable membrane to remove ions, molecules and larger particles from drinking water and coverts hard water into soft water and make it drinkable. RO water purifiers don’t just remove harmful particle from the water, including all sorts of micro-level bacteria, germs and viruses but also dissolve the dangerous chemicals that are more harmful than germs.
Generally water moves across the semipermeable membrane from an area of less concentration to that having a higher concentration in order to maintain the proportion of water into liquefied solids. The reverse osmosis is a process that uses the water pressure to inverse this moment, trapping contaminants against the membrane and forcing pure water through the other side. RO purifiers are very impressive in containing all forms of germs and other types of various deadly contaminants.
What is the working process of RO Water Purifier?
- In the first stage, water passes through the ultra-fine sediment filter that eliminates all the visible impurities like sand, mud, dust and soil particles.
- At the second stage, the water passes through the pre carbon filter where any sort of color form and bad taste is removed from the water. The pre-activated carbon absorber is immensely helpful in driving out the chlorine and additive materials such as herbicides, insecticides, and pesticides by improving the taste of water.
- Reverse Osmosis is a very crucial stage in which the water is passed through the Membrane at high pressure that reduces the TDS of water and eliminate all the harmful substances from the water including cadmium, arsenic, lead, mercury etc.
- Then the germ eliminator ultra-violent treats the water by permanently deactivating the disease causing microbes like virus, bacteria, and protozoa to make the water healthy and drinkable.
- At the fifth stage, the post carbon filter polishes and enhances the taste of water.
- At the last stage, the mineral fortification cartridge adds the essential minerals in the water which augment the taste and quality of water by balancing pH of RO purifiedwater, making the water very healthy and nutritious.
Water Flow diagram: Moonbow Achelous RO Water Purifier
Benefits of RO Purifications:
- TDS Removal: Removes all dissolved salts
- Taste &Colour Of Water: Enhances the taste, smell and appearance of the water
- Effective For Dirty Water: can work with muddy water
- Heavy Metal Removal: Removes heavy metal from the water
- Chemical Free: Does not leak any chemicals into the water
- Suitable For Water Type: Suitable for areas with hard water or high TDS level
- Effective Against Microbes: Removes all microbes including bacteria, viruses and protozoa the water
What is the cost of a good RO water purifier?
The basic range of RO purifiers start from 6K but it depends on your requirement and water conditions. An advanced technology driven RO can go up to 25K to 35K depending on features. If you buy a RO water purifier by comparing it online, you will surely get good return on your investment.
What is the maintenance cost of RO?
A high quality RO water purifiers gives 100% pure drinkingwater which is free of germs and smell. RO require periodic services so that you can enjoy a best long term service. But yes, the overall maintenance and running cost of RO water purifier is very low.
What is the electricity consumption cost of RO?
RO water purifiers consume a negligible amount of electricity somewhere around 20-25 W. It consumes one unit in 40 hours. With one unit you can get around 480 liter of purified water. The figure might vary depending on the model and storage capacity of the RO you have purchased.
What are the top rated and most reliable RO water purifier brands in India?
The rating of a RO water purifier is measured on various parameters and the biggest factor is the TDS level of water at your home while the input water source, budget and water storagecapacity also matter most. Today, if you go for the reviews and ratings of RO water purifiers in India, Moonbowby Hindware RO water purifiers are rated as the best for office and home purposes.
UV-Ultra Violet System
What is UV?
Ultra Violet System (UV) is a water purification method used to disinfect the bacteria from the water. The ultraviolet rays perforate the harmful pathogens in your home’s water and kill the illness causing microorganisms by attacking their genetic core (DNA). The process eliminates the chances of their reproduction and makes the water clean.
What is the working process of UV Water Purifiers?
- Its double layer adsorbent carbon filter technology enables itself to adsorb the organic impurities, foul taste and smell of pesticides and VOCs.
- At the third stage, it removes the bacteria and cyst and other sorts of disease causing microorganisms and ensure you double safety.
- The overall water purifying process is completely natural and free of any type of chemical
Water Flow diagram: Moonbow Evinos UV Water Purifier
Benefits of UV Purifications:
- Environment Friendly: No water Wastage
- Low Time Consumption: Takes lesser time for purification of water than RO purifiers
- Chemical Free: Does not leak any chemicals into the water
- No Mineral Removal: Does not remove essential minerals in the water
- Effective Against Microbes: Kills all bacteria, viruses and other microbes
- Low Water Pressure Efficiency: Can function by using the pressure from tap water
- Inexpensive: Low purchasing cost
Is UV water safe to drink?
Yes, UV water is completely safe, provided your input water TDS is within the permissible range.
What is the cost of a good UV water purifier?
The basic range of UV water purifier starts from 5K but again, just like RO, the price may vary depending on your family size and water needs. UV water purifiers equipped with the advanced technology may go up to 10-15K.
What is the maintenance cost of UV water purifier?
UV water purifier comes at very minimal cost. The overall maintenance and running cost of UV water purifier is very low.
What is the electricity consumption cost of UV water purifier?
Generally, the cost of electricity consumption of RO and UV is nearly same. It uses 23watts to filter 4800 liter of water. It consumes 1 unit in 40 hours so you can calculate the yearly expense very easily.
What are the top rated and most reliable UV water purifier brands in India?
Similar to RO, the rating of UV water purifiers is also measured on the basis TDS level of water in your home, while the water capacity, water input source and your budget also matters a most. You can check out the online reviews of UV water purifiers of all brands and can easily make out a difference on your own.Disclaimer:- The opinions expressed within this article/blog are the personal opinions of the author. The facts and opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of the Brand Moonbow and Moonbow does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.